Saturday, December 22, 2007

Tutu...or maybe a better name?

The other day, I had the urge to design and knit a baby raglan sweater. So I pulled out the Knitter's Bible flipped through it a little and found the welted ruffle and thought of making a "tutu" inspired sweater. I was going to do an infant sized but it turned out to fit a two-year-old, which will work...I guess. Now introducing the "Tutu-prototype":
This is the side. I, like many knitters, hate seams so I knit the body in the round. Then I didn't feel like making sleeves and thought it looked like a ballerina's tutu, so I left the sleeves off and made it for warmer weather wearing. Problems I need to fix: -the neck isn't super stretchy and you can't find many toddlers with heads that small -the left shoulder strap is EXTREMELY skinnier than the other Does anyone have a better name idea for it than "Tutu"? It looks a little plan for a toddler, so should I add an embellishment or leave it alone. I was thinking the next one I do will be striped (Fibonacci styled of course)...maybe not. I used Caron's Simply Soft Brights (or whatever the label said) in Grape (ruffle & neck/arm trim) and lavender (body). Listening to: "The Phantom of the Opera" movie (mm...Gerard Butler)

No comments: