Friday, January 5, 2007

One Skein addiction

*stands up and clears throat* Um...my name is Sarah.
HI SARAH!
*continues* I'm addicted to "One Skein". *bursts into sobs*

Okay, enough drama for, like, five minutes. I have been working on "Wavy" from Knitty and I have...four more rows & three more pattern repeats (does that make sense?) but I only have the will power to work on it during "Beauty & the Geek" (addicted to that too but that meeting is another day...lol). I don't know why I want to work on it then it just seems like a "Beauty & the Geek" scarf...hmm, maybe I'll never know. But anyway, I come across one skein of yarn in my bedroom as I'm...*ahem* suppose to be cleaning and I grab my book and open it and just cast on and work on that forgetting all about my room and "Wavy".

My Child/Human Development class is getting ready to work on sewing projects (I could choose to knit if I want to but I would only get credit for knitting in class—how freaking amazing is that?), I thought about bringing in some knitting until flipping through the Haan catalog and found these, ain't dey just the cutest widdle things you ever saw? Truth...my sewing skills suck!!!! But you know, it's plush fur and no one would really know if I mess up, seeing as I'm making these for Natalie (two months-give or take-until she's here! Yay!).

Good news, my Sociology teacher from last semester, just had her baby on the 3rd...which is kind of funny since he is a third, you know "Daddy's full name, the 3rd" but they are calling him "Trip". I made him a hot blue/hot green/white mitered square blanket which I have to get some fleece backing just for extra softness (and cuteness) this weekend and see where I can take it so that the blanket can get to Mrs. N and "Trip". So seeing as I designed the blanket for him I'm calling it..."Trip's Blocks", which adds more 3s to the poor boy seeing as it's tri-color, lol. I'm going to have to get a picture of it before I send it to Mrs. N of course, for my "files".

Wow, I won't shut up will I? This is the most I've written in this blog, but of course I've deprived myself of the Internet for a couple of days and I'm doped up on Dr. Pepper, (which I'm also addicted to! Gah! So many addictions! Good thing their okay, nothing illegal you know.)

2 comments:

Corrie said...

ohhh they are cute!!!!!!! sewing is easy, easier than knitting let me tell you and faster! almost instant gratification!

Bethany said...

Beauty and the Geek is totally my new guilty pleasure. I love it. Every time I think of the geeks discussing "booty" it just cracks me up. Can't wait til Wednesday!