Saturday, December 30, 2006

Noro Kureyon

I went to my LYS (ever in KY and need a "fix" check this place out) and bought some Noro Kureyon and the book "One Skein" by Leigh Radford, I can't wait to go back once I get more money or need more yarn (which might be soon because dummy here only bought one skein of Noro Kureyon!), I also found a drop spindle that I wanted ($15!) and they had a lot of roving, I actually considered putting my yarn back (I didn't find the book yet) to get them but I didn't want to screw around with a spindle to only end up with a twisted mess (the horror!). Maybe I'll give it a shot next summer or something when I can go outside and dye some plain roving...maybe.

In plotting out my future, instead of being one of those teenage girls who picks out her future kids' names I'm picking out names for my future sheep and alpaca! My parents roll their eyes but don't ever underestimate what I can do. I'm trying to figure out how I can get a sheep in town, you know maybe one of those shetlands, you know all itty-bitty and cutesy-wootsy. I even got to feed a baby sheep at Kentucky Down Under this summer and I have a picture of me holding one (if I can get it out of the frame and scan it I'll upload it). My dog is also part shepherd and she's shown me that's she good at herding (okay, she's killed a couple of squirrels in the process but...if the stupid things didn't tease her. Poor Chloe).

No comments: